The Summit Hash House Harriers are hosting the No Frills Interhash at the Harmony Ridge Campground from September 30 – October 2 2016. Hashers can register for 3 days of Interhash fun, or for 2 days at a discounted rate.
Summit H3 organizers are pushing for more participation from area hashers in this year’s No Frills Interhash, especially from the New York City area, including the New York City Hash House Harriers, Columbia H3, Long Island Lunatics H3, and Brooklyn H3. Given that the closest they get to camping is when they have to live in a refrigerator box when the rent gets tripled, New Yorkers tend to be infrequent campout attendees.
An interesting feature of this Interhash especially to those parentally-inclined is that Summit welcomes kids for the weekend! As it says on the website, the No Frills Interhash is “not necessarily a kid friendly event but hash spawn are welcome”.
The Summit H3 is offering a full weekend of hashing activities, including:
- Bimbo Trail with beer check
- Pot luck grilling
- Brunch for Friday campers
- Afternoon trail with beer check
- BBQ dinner
- Fatboy trail with beer check
- Noon checkout
The Harmony Ridge Campground in Northern New Jersey and a short drive from Philadelphia and New York City. You must make your cabin or camping reservation yourself by calling Harmony Ridge directly at 1-973-948-4941.
- Camping cost is $15 per person per night. When you make your reservation, tell them you are tent camping in Group Area E. Contact the Summit H3 organizers if you don’t have a tent.
- Cabin cost is $40 per person per night with a 2 person, 2 night minimum. Single cabins have 2 queen beds and a padded loft, kitchen, and bathroom. Double cabins have 2 additional queen sized beds.
- Bathrooms and showers are a 2 minute walk from Group Area E.
- Pool is closed but fishing (this is Jersey after all), arcade, and ball field are open, assuming you are sober enough to do anything.
Registration for the No Frills Interhash is a cheap $40 for Friday-Sunday and an even cheaper $30 if you just want to join Saturday-Sunday, and covers food and beer. Kids are just $15 per. You must reserve and pay for your accommodations directly with the campgrounds, as rego doesn’t include camping costs. Rego is here.
Rego fees must be paid to the Interhash organizers by Sept 15 to finalize purchases.
The Summit Hash House Harriers are well known in the area for being a great group and providing a fun time. We’re looking forward to this being another one of their great events.